Leading teens to know Christ and make Him known accurately, deeply and passionately.
Opportunities for Youth – 9th-12th Grade Teens
- Sunday School 9:15 – 10:30 AM provides Bible training and group interaction for personal application of scriptural truth.
- Catalyst meets on Sunday nights from 5:30 – 7:15 PM during the school year and 6-7 during the summer. It is especially designed for teens to reach their friends. Catalyst sessions involve a host of fun activities, worship, Bible thinking, surprises, and relationship building.
- Our mentor groups and ministry teams that flow out of the teaching times are the core of the youth group.
- Our youth staff is a group of people passionate about caring for the young people who join us.
Mentoring and Ministry
Teens who commit to and desire to grow with their peers can participate in various mentoring and ministry activities.
Mentor groups – Each willing teen will have an adult mentor assigned to them to encourage him/her in Bible memory, devotional life, church participation, and ministry development.
Ministry Opportunities – Ministry team involvement typically includes a personal interview to consider a teen’s motivation, interest, and spiritual maturity. Some areas of ministry include:
- Worship & Drama Team – team members are committed to lead worship for youth group each week and prepare and share meaningful sketches and skits with others during youth group sessions, church services, or ministry to other churches and camp settings.
- Good News Club – team members are committed to serve in our weekly after school Bible club at Grove Elementary School.
- AWANA Leaders-in-Training/Student Leaders – this group works in our Wednesday children’s program as a vital part of the network of leaders that care for children and point them toward knowing Jesus.
- Video Ministry – team members assist on a rotating schedule in the video production of our Sunday services.