Calvary’s Commitment to Children
We believe each child who joins with us in children’s opportunities should be safe and should hear the truth of God’s Word in a way they can understand. In order to do this we provide regular teacher training opportunities and each person involved with children has been screened and trained in child abuse prevention.
Nursery services are available for newborns – 2 years during most worship services and activities. There is a check-in/check-out procedure that is in place to give both parents and staff peace of mind regarding the child’s safety.
Regular Nursery times are as follows:
- 9:15 am – 10:30 am during Sunday School
- 10:45 am – 12:00 pm during worship service
- 6:00 pm during worship service
Additionally, there is a parent/young child room located right next to the auditorium where the service can be viewed on TV if a parent needs to leave to attend to the needs of the child.
Children at Calvary enjoy learning about God and His Word through age-appropriate classes led by nurturing, loving teachers. The following Sunday School classes are offered year around:
- 2’s 3’s
- 4’s & 5’s
- 1st & 2nd Grade
- 3rd – 6th Grade – This group has a lot of fun learning the truth of God’s Word through creative activities and experiences. Our multiple teacher team works diligently to make the Bible come alive for these kids!
- Jr. High (7th – 8th Grades)
Preschool Children’s Church
Church-time classes are offered year around for children between 2 and 4 years of age. These classes are held during the 10:45 AM worship service and held in the same location as their Sunday School class.
AWANA Program – Wednesdays, 6:00 – 8:00 PM during the school year. Click on the “Awana Program” link to learn more!